Saturday, July 7, 2007

so that was brief...

So yeah, I have changed my flight and my lifeplan and will be returning home MUCH MUCH sooner than anticipated. I feel so silly but I just don't think I was ready to handle such a big change. And what I've seen of Shanghai makes me believe that it's such an AMAZING city. Today we went to the downtown area, the BUND as they call it here and we had our first stint with public transportation (both public bus and underground subway) without guidance, and walking around downtown and it was QUITE the experience to say the least. There's a lot of REALLY amazing things to see and buy and I will definitely return to China, just right now is not the time for me. And its partly timing, partly the fact that this is the first year my program decided to go to China and there are only very few people in my program and the international house wasn't what i expected it to be and neither is my experience here really. I don't mean to put the blame on other things, it's mostly my fault for not being able to adjust adequately or giving it a couple more days, I just don't think it's going to get much better for me.

No comments: