Monday, July 23, 2007

I GOT THIS ICEBOX WHERE MY HEART USED TO BE.

Friday.

Woke up with a sore throat.
CRAP.
Went to class anyways because I have this complex about missing class EVER even if I'm dying-sick. Ended up skipping out early cause I felt like death and retired to my bed to watch bootleg movies. Rush Hour (realized Jackie Chan actually speaks Cantonese for half the movie), Gangs of New York (intensified my love for Leo and my utter disdain for Cameron Diaz) and Notes on a Scandal (creepy, yet superb). I basically just wanted to rest up to make sure my Friday night would not be wasted. Friday night is THE NIGHT man.

Turned out to be one big (sort of?) disappointment. The night of 6 clubs, some might refer to it as. After a semi-disappointing sushi dinner we were ready to hit up the numerous clubs and bars on her list. Little did we know...

First we went to the Absolut Ice Bar which was actually really cool. I've never been to an ice bar, let alone in a really really HOT country. It was about 13 bucks (including 1 drink) and was worth every penny. I'm really going to have to get used to the fact that things are so expensive back home.











After the ice bar, we him up Rojam which was supposed to be one of the best techno/house music clubs in Shanghai. I was totally getting into the groove but apparently some of the guys we were get got like harassed...by other guys...in the bathroom... and demanded we depart immediately. We wanted to go to a club called Pegasus but apparently it no longer existed & instead had been transformed into Judy Q, into which the guy at the door shoved us in and promised us free drinks. Who were we to say no to free drinks?, especially since we've already been to two places and were still stone sober. Turned out the free drinks were shots of JUICE with a hint of alcohol and the dance floor turned out to be empty. & that was the end of Judy Q.
So we went to California Club, which I had heard good things about and was thusly and RIGHTFULLY expecting good things. It turned out to be super small, had really expensive drinks and really weird people. & by now I really had my fill of house music. So we proceeded to the club next door, Luxe, which thankfully had hip hop music. But we left (I dont know why). So ended our adventuresome clubbing experience and we decided to retire at Babyface, where we had already been last weekend. We ran into some of the French and Spanish kids we knew from our school. Babyface turned out to be the best time of that night, according to my slightly faded memory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog from my iphone, am awesome.